Thursday, May 29, 2008

India and beyond-1985

Taj Mahal
The trip was over and life had to go on. I returned to India. After six weeks of traveling through various countries, it was nice to be back in a familiar place. I took time to stroll up and down Janpath.

Mango shakes made in a blender right there on the side of the road...who was thinking of germs? Not me! A nice samosa or two from the corner shop and then a flat plate with a huge dosa draped across it. Food was only a small part of India I was going to miss when I left.

With my bags packed, I boarded the plane to leave. I thought I might return in the future to India, but except for a brief 10 day visit in 1986, I never did return. I left India, but India never left my heart.


The view from my bedroom window in Nepal
I went to Nepal shortly after India. I only stayed for four months. During my stay I taught English at the Tribhuvan University. My little motorcycle puttered through the streets and alleyways of Kathmandu.


If and when the motorcycle was not working, I would take a taxi into town. A leisurely stroll into Boudha to hire a taxi and off I went.

Four months whizzed by and before I knew it the time came to bid Nepal a fond farewell - at least for a little while.


5 comments:

  1. read a few of the post here & have to say I'm totally awed at the places u've been to & the experiences u've had. Awesome, really!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent blog! I am totally your fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. SD- I'm glad you like it- I see you have four different blogs- I guess I have some exploring to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot help think of the roadtrip over and over again and then you come back to india :D

    time to sleep now...will resume again soon

    love the reading so far..

    ReplyDelete
  5. India was where I was working at the time so I had to go back. The roadtrip was simply a means to get the Morris Minor back to England before the Carnet expired.

    ReplyDelete

And time marches on

 Time doesn't wait for any person. One minute you are in 2018 and the next thing you know, 6 years have passed and you are in 2024! Of c...