Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jet lag 4.45 am

I wonder if there is any evidence to show that when one travels West the jet lag is worse. Whenever I go East, I appear to respond well to the time difference. Anytime I go West, my inner body clock gets all mixed up.

So here I sit at 4.45 am....not that I have woken up at this time...but I simply never fell asleep. There were no naps taken yesterday which could account for this failure to sleep. There was no caffeinated drinks which would hinder said sleep. Despite remaining awake all day, I still seem unable to sleep at a proper time.

4.48 am and I'm still sitting here typing. I think I will crawl back into bed and see if I can't at least sleep for an hour or so before I have to get up and tackle my day. The rain might put me to sleep. My husband's snores could lull me to sleep...or not...at least I should try to sleep.

When I crawl into bed, I will count all the times I have struggled with jet lag over the years. Maybe the counting of these memories will put me to sleep....like the proverbial sheep.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog. When traveling across a number of time zones, the body clock goes out of sync with the destination time, and so it experiences daylight and darkness contrary to the rhythms it has grown accustomed to.

    Jet lag Symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just informed by someone that actually going West is what messes your body clock up. I'll have to look at my compass :)

    Thank you for the great link!

    ReplyDelete

And time marches on

 Time doesn't wait for any person. One minute you are in 2018 and the next thing you know, 6 years have passed and you are in 2024! Of c...