Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Snores and more

Snores drift across the room and I feel at peace. My world is back to 'normal' or as normal as it can get. Hubby is nestled in his side of the bed and I sit here getting ready to head to my side of the bed.

Both my sisters are gone. My friend from Japan and her husband and daughter and son are gone. The house is unusually quiet...except for the snores. 

The calendar in front of me taunts me with its little boxes.  Each date calls out, "We are filling up fast with all sorts of appointments and schedules and things to do" 
"Hurry, carve out some time or else there will be none left for you" "August and October will be here before you know it and both your darling daughters will be married"
I simply sigh. My foot bumps the box at my feet. I will not open it tonight. It is stuffed full of the 'nitty gritty' things I have pushed aside while my sisters were here. I will attend to those things tomorrow, in between all the scribbled appointments on my calendar.  It is too much to think of tonight.


For now I will listen to the snores and mumbled what dear Scarlett said. "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment

And time marches on

 Time doesn't wait for any person. One minute you are in 2018 and the next thing you know, 6 years have passed and you are in 2024! Of c...